- Is it hard to address disagreements with your boss or co-workers?
- Do you have arguments that never seem to get resolved?
Conflict resolution therapy can teach you how to cope in challenging situations by helping you focus on finding solutions as you navigate a conflict.
In any type of relationship, be it personal or professional, conflict is bound to happen. It’s not reasonable or realistic to expect two people to always agree on everything. Even though conflict is a normal, healthy part of any relationship, trying to deal with it when it comes up can feel anything but healthy or normal. Since disagreements are an expected part of life, learning to handle them in a positive and meaningful way is crucial.
After an argument with a friend, romantic partner or co-worker, you may avoid them in an attempt to “keep the peace.” You may hope that over time, the issue will resolve itself. But avoiding conflict or pretending nothing happened creates additional tension as the problem still exists between you and the other person.
The next time you have a disagreement, one or both of you may be angry or resentful from the previous disagreement that was never resolved. Conflict resolution therapy will help you see conflict as an opportunity to develop your character and improve your relationships. You’ll learn to successfully manage stress, control emotions, and focus on resolving the issue at hand.
So if you…
- Have a co-worker you struggle to get along with
- Can’t seem to come to an agreement with your spouse or partner on an important issue
- Have an argumentative friend or family member
- Want to learn how to “fight fair” with your spouse or partner
- Need help managing your emotions during arguments
- Want to find healthier, more effective ways of communicating your needs
…then Conflict Resolution Therapy can help.
I can show you how to find the source of conflict so you can work quickly towards a resolution. I’ll teach you how to focus on a solution instead of shutting down, blaming or resenting the other person.
Conflict resolution therapy will help you learn that while you can’t control the other person, you can control how you respond.
If you’re having difficulties in the workplace or at home and need support, conflict resolution therapy can teach you skills so you can handle conflicts with confidence. Contact me today to schedule an appointment.